Monday, September 6, 2010

Vegetarian Delight

I've been a vegetarian since I was 15 yrs. old. My husband, well he's a carnivore. If he cooks dinner he spends an elaborate amount of time cooking the chicken, basting the chicken and then barbequing the chicken. It is a good 2 hour ordeal which he couples with rice and peas. My dinner consists of the rice and peas. The other day I made a delicious vegetarian dinner that had him saying he might have a heart attack from all this 'healthy' food(oh my!). The kids licked their plates clean as well.
Chickpea Salad (I never use recipes just sort of throw everything into a bowl)
1 can of chickpeas (but I boiled for 5 min. to get them to be a little softer)
1 red pepper diced
2 carrots grated
1 tomato diced
1/4 cucumber diced
1 handful of sunflower sprouts
1 tsp of sunflower oil
1/4 fresh lemon
1 tbp of olive oil
pinch of sea salt

I coupled this with a orzo salad with peas and fresh parmesan and candied sweet potato. It was all delicious and animal free!

No comments:

Post a Comment