I took a Feng Shui course many years ago and we discussed the importance of allowing the energy (or Qi) to flow smoothly in your house. Spring is a great time to release the winter hibernating energy and you can start by de-cluttering. In Chinese medicine the Liver is in charge of the smooth flow of Qi and when things build up or collect, energy stagnates. No one does well with stagnation
I was reading the new Oprah magazine (I had it as it got left behind in my house :-) ) and there was an article with very interesting facts.
- more than 4 million pairs of eyeglasses are trashed annually
- 22.3 billion pounds of textiles were thrown away in 2010
- 38,000 miles of ribbon is tossed out every year (enough to tie a bow aroud the earth! see my simple wrappings are truly environmental!!)
- each year 350 million pairs of shoes march into the landfill
- 15.8 million tons of reading material and other paper products (magazines) were trashed in 2010
- over 10 million bikes are dumped in American and European landfills yearly
Here are some inspiring photos!