Sunday, October 24, 2010

Prepping for the season

It has been way to long since I have posted. We moved Sept. 1st and with all the things needing to get done in the new house and trying to find our rhythm here, blogging has been a hard thing to do. I thought I would get back into it with something simple today.....remembering the importance of vitamin D. With winter approaching and days getting shorter, I thought I would share this recent journal article on the benefits of vitamin D for the immune system and how effective it is at warding off the flu virus (and viruses in general).

The kids get 1000 IU per day once fall hits and I up it to 2000 IU if someone in the house it sick. About a month ago I exposed Aidan to chickenpox with a 2 + hour playdate indoors with a friend that was in quarantine and full of active pox. Well, a month has nearly passed and no such luck here.......maybe it was too much vtm D? (As an aside if anyone knows of anyone with chickenpox let me know!!). Here is the article.....
http://www.naturalnews.com/029760_vitamin_D_influenza.html

No comments:

Post a Comment