Friday, November 12, 2010

Chocolate Goodness....

In a blink of an eye he turned 5.

Now....onto the details of the cake. I am making a white cake with cholcolate icing with the Batman logo. I can not get myself to buy the pre-made icing. I will throw in the towel for a few things on birthdays (we will have gummi bears and I will need to use a little bit of yellow food die for the batman logo--) as for the icing it can be easily made. I looked at a few recipes and then made up my own. It turned out delicious!! Thought I should post about it so the next time I need the recipe I will know where to find it!!

1/2 cup melted butter
1 square of semi-sweet chocolate

While these were melting, I sifted together
1 lb of icing sugar and
1/3 cup of cocoa

I then added 1 tsp of vanilla and 1/3 cup of milk to the melted butter and chocolate.

and lastly slowly added the icing sugar mixture until you get the consistency you desire for icing.

Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Great recipe! Thanks. I often do Cream Cheese frosting to assuage my guilt for all the other birthday indulgences!! Have a great time today. And enjoy another healthy, happy year!

    ReplyDelete