Monday, May 16, 2011

Bye Bye Grass....

I love grass, but really it has no purpose. I am by no means saying to tear out grass and lay down concrete, quite the opposite, rip out the grass and use the land you have. I can't eat off my 'land' (even if it is a small city plot!) with all that grass. Every square inch of the backyard is accounted for, between kids, dog and summer bbq's, there is absolutely no room for a garden. I really wanted to plant a garden, to see what I could grow, to let my kids see what food looks like when it grows, and best of all to make and enjoy a meal made from the food! So, with the backyard used, I turned to our front yard! We have quite a deep from yard, and the grass/weed combination needs to be worked on anyways. I tore out a good chunk of grass and we planted a variety of tomatos, red peppers, dill cucumbers, and basil. If all goes well, much more of the grass will be going next year!
digging
and more digging....
helpingplaying (with worms!)
growing
stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment