Sunday, April 6, 2014

Smoothies

I have been on a real smoothie kick recently. I need things to be fast, easy and simple. Check. I also would not say I am a highly energetic person (oh, how I love a good nap...), but for the last month I've been making these smoothies, and feeling energized. I've even been drinking them before my weekly tennis lesson and feel more vigour in my game. Interesting. An added bonus, the kids love drinking them too!  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

This is what I do.  The base is always the same, it's the fruit that changes.

Unsweetened Almond Milk. Maybe 1 cup? I never measure, just free pour.
1 tsp ground cinnamon (a warming spice and great for blood sugar regulation)
1 tbsp hemp hearts (for fiber and healthy fats)
1 scoop of GH Whey Protein Powder (I have vanilla. I've tried many proteins, not only is this one clean, but it is so smooth tasting)
Probiotics (helps the good guys in the digestive tract)
then I switch up the fruit, it's usually mango (the kids LOVE mango, so it's a crowd pleaser)
wild blueberries (these are frozen. aidan remembers the deliciousness of fresh wild blueberries from the summer and now snuffs at any other kind. what have i created!)
 strawberries (hand picked in the fall and frozen from Organics Family Farm)
 mango (high in vtm C and fiber. the best!)
mango with a handful of spinach. why not add some greens?
 he wants mine and his!

oh and I love the stainless steel reusable straws that I got from ecoexistence bye bye plastic.....

No comments:

Post a Comment