Sunday, May 25, 2014

Cold Rolls

I love these. I make them all the time. They are easy, but do take a few minutes to roll. I like things to be snappy in the kitchen but these are so delicious that I take the time to quickly roll them :-)
I cut up all the ingredients and put them into sections on a cutting board. ie. avocado, cucumbers, carrots, cilantro (If you know me you know I have a serious obsession with this herb), mango, pineapple etc... The other day I had leftover wild salmon and rolled those up too. Anything goes. Take the leftovers from your fridge and roll them up. Last weekend I was in NYC and there was a food booth making these with lentils, beets, basil and goat cheese.
When I am all set to roll them I use a big pan and fill with warm water. The warmer the water the quicker the rice papers soften. While I roll one the next is soaking, and I become a solo assembling machine. Hmmm, think I should get the kids helping on this one.....
Dipping sauce here is peanut, but I also like a sweet chili.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment