Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dry Red Lips

Yesterday I was looking at Aidan and said "why are your lips so red and dry"......that should have been the clue that something was stirring on the inside. This morning he woke up and with his usual shout of "mommy" he proceeded with the 'croupy' cough. That's what his coughs always sound like, dry and barky. The bright red, dry lips I noticed yesterday are showing some internal heat and could go along with a fever (which he does not have). He feels fine, energetic, eating, obsessively colouring so his body is fighting something well on its own.
This morning I got to it. Childrens' herbal Immune support (Wise Women's Children's Glycerite-which I LOVE-, acidophilus and my good ol' homeopathics. I should have started with Aconite yesterday. This remedy is indicated at the very first sign of illness. One minute the child is fine, the next they deteriorate. Those bright red lips were my indicator that something changed, but somehow I missed it. Had I given the aconite I feel confident it would have been nipped then and there would have been no cough this morning. I went to the next remedy indicated, Spongia. For that barking, croupy cough with a bit of hoarseness. Gave him 2 doses (3 pellets each time) 20 minutes apart. That was 2 hours ago and I am yet to hear him cough. We'll see if it changes and which remedy will follow....keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment