Friday, May 14, 2010

Cough and Cold Remedy


So I was thinking that every Friday I would discuss a favorite product of mine. This is by no means to endorse that product but simply to introduce my readers to the things I find useful to have at home for natural family medicine.

Bella was sick on the weekend (yet again!) and by Sunday the cough and cold were pronounced. She was fine for a couple of days and then by Wednesday night she had a terrible cough that was waking her up. It was wet and mucusy all congested and she could not expectorate the mucus. I had been giving her Antimonium Tart. and Spongia and both were helping but I needed a little more help. I had picked this cough syrup up at Shopper's the other week and pulled it out from the cupboard. I gave her 2.5 ml at 10 pm and she slept til' 3 am! I then gave her a second dose at 3 am and she slept til' the morning. Amazing. Yesterday things were going well so I did not give her any (my mistake!) and this morning it was rumbly again. I listened to her lungs and all was clear and I gave her a another 2.5 ml and once again she is doing much better. My plan is to give it to her once daily until the cough is gone.

It is a liquid preperation made by Homeocan and contains a variety of homeopathic remedies. It tastes good, as most homeopathics do. Overall, I was quite pleased!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel, I love this product too! I used it for Izzy when she had a terrible 'chesty' cough and it really helped her sleep better at night. I've used it in adult patients too (Phytotux H, by homeocan- I think it's the same product but different label?) and it's great!

    ReplyDelete