Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sweet Potato Peach Muffins

We made these muffins yesterday for our co-op backyard camp. They were a big hit with the kids. I love healthy options that are super easy to make and kiddies gobble up.
1 cup mashed sweet potato (I baked 2 sweet potatos the night before and simply mashed them the next moring)
1/2 cup mashed peaches (I used fresh peaches as these are in season but I think you can use any watery fruit ie. canned pineapple)
2 eggs
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups whole wheat flour (I would use any flour ie. spelt, or gluten free alternative)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp. ground flax
2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375F. Mix sweet potato, peaches, eggs and sugar. Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground flax and cinnamon. Bake for 16-20 minutes. I put them in mini muffin trays so I reduce the baking time to 10-12 minutes. I usually just watch them until they are golden brown on top.

2 comments:

  1. How did you come up with this? Yum - looks delicious, Rachel! I will try making this for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you like them! i enjoy mixing different purees with flour and seeing what turns out!

    ReplyDelete