Sunday, August 1, 2010

What Me?? A UTI?

I was suprised when at the beginning of the week I was exhibiting signs of a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). I was having urgency and after a few trips to the bathroom with not much volume I finally clued in. I pulled out my dipsticks and low and behold within seconds white blood cells and blood were obviously and quite potently present.

And so it began.....Every 20 minuted I cycled my remedies and after 1.5 hours the relief had kicked in. I kept with my plan for the next few days and I would say 3 days later my symptoms were gone and my dipsticks were clear! Antibiotics did not even crosss my mind and they were not needed.

My Plan:
1. Water, Water and more Water. I normally only drink water and tea (herbal but occassionally I do love Chai). However in the past few months I have not been drinking or been too busy to drink so my intake has been less.
2. Homemade Cranberry Juice. I boil some frozen berries in water, blend and strain. So Easy and affordable. I drank about 8 oz of puree/day.
3. UNDA # 2, 7, 44. These are homeopathic liquid remedies geared for the kidney and urinary system. They are safe in pregnancy, children and those on medication but always check with your ND before using.
4.D-Mannose- this powder is amazing as it kills the bacteria (mainly E.Coli) by washing them away from the urinary wall. Tastes great too! I took a few tsp per day. This is what I give Bella every morning to ensure a clean bladder due to her history of frequent UTI's.
5. Acidophilus- 2 caps per day to put those good guys back!!
6. Citricidal- 2 tab per day to kill those bad guys!
7. Botanical Tincture- I have a botancial dispensery in my home office, so convenient when I need to make something quickly! I whipped up a urinary cleanse tincture at 11 pm!
8. Cantharis- a major remedy for UTI. Took a few doses on the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment