Friday, February 18, 2011

Hobbies?

I often ask patients what there hobbies are. Often, it is new mothers that say they really do not have time for themselves anymore to do the things they enjoy. I know how busy life can be and I try to encourage my patients to find an outlet, anything, that takes time to themselves and allows them to bring out a creative side. I am really not a very artistic person. I can not draw or paint (I do try.....) so what I do is crochet and since my husband got me a sewing machine I am trying that out too. My friend had a baby last week and I crocheted this little hat out of bamboo. I think it might be my best one yet! We all have more than what we need ie. toys, clothes.....stuff! and giving something with a personal touch is so special. I can't wait until it fits her little head!!
What are your hobbies?

2 comments:

  1. I just love love love this hat! I'll buy some crochet supplies if you'll teach me how to make it. P.S. I'm loving puppets and though I've been working on this one between the two kids, over 3 years....when it's FINALLY done, it'll be a full muppet puppet. I'm pretty close to done with only the felt and the eyes left to put on!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just saw this now....of course let's crochet! but first show me your muppet!

    ReplyDelete