Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Real Deal

We are vacationing in Florida....ahhh, warmth! over the years we have discovered such wonderful things to do in the surrounding area and I really think this place is a true gem. Nothing like seeing nature happen in it's natural element. No cages here!! It is called, ready, Wakodahatchee Wetlands (http://www.pbcgov.com/waterutilities/wakodahatchee/birds.htm). Located in Delray Beach off Jog road, it just amazes me that we pull into this parking lot and this world that exists on this 2 km boardwalk is breathtaking. I am not really a bird lover and I love this place! Anhinga, Moor hens, Vultures, Herons (so many many birds...), Ducks, Turtles, oh and let us not forget the Alligators! Oh and one more thing, it's free......
Can you see the little duck?
If you look close you can see the baby Gator (if you click on the picture it will enlarge!)
Stay tuned tomorrow when I write about another amazing place that saves turtles!!

1 comment: