Monday, June 13, 2011

Vegetarian Options

I stopped eating red meat when I was about 16 years old and about a year later stopped eating fish, chicken and turkey. I eat a lot of veggies, fruits, grains, tofu, beans, nuts/seeds. Aidan has recently decided he does not eat chicken, he says he does not like it, and who am I to argue with that! (this is not for animal loving reasons as he still loves his bacon!) I try to cook some healthy veggie dishes, and tonight in about 15 minutes put together dinner. I quickly sauteed garlic with onions, tossed in an assortment of cut up veggies (red peppers, carrots, green beans, broccoli) and for a protein I added some organic chickpeas and stir-fried it for about 5-10 min. I topped this onto some basmati rice and the kids (as well as myself) loved it!
checking it out
eating it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment