Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Kale Chips

We went to the Dufferin Grove Organic Market last thursday and I picked up this beautiful bunch of kale for 2$. (i wish a would have taken a picture of it all bunched up). I decided to make kale chips from it and they turned out fantastic! What a wonderful way to get one of the most nutritious greens into little kiddies. Kale is rich in vtm A, C and K plus is an important part of the cruciferous vegetable group that aids in fighting cancer cells, esp. breast and prostate.

I simply washed the kale and broke it up into smaller pieces, getting rid of the heavy stalks. I put all the small pieces in a big mixing bowl and tossed with a little olive oil and sea salt. I then bake them in the oven at 325F and 10 minutes later perfectly crispy chips came out!
before going into the oven
crisped!enjoyed!

just a small warning: if your teeth are anything like mine (velcro-like!) have some dental floss on hand.....


3 comments:

  1. let me know how it turns out! keep an eye on it to make sure it does not burn. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Kale chips!!! On my blog list too:)
    When are you in the area again? I really would love to see you guys SOON!!!!!

    ReplyDelete