Saturday, July 30, 2011

Orange and Red

I went to the Wychwood Barns Organic Market this morning and picked up these beautiful bunches of carrots and beets. A while back I had seen Jamie Oliver make this recipe on tv and it looked easy and delcious. Jamie Oliver is my kind of chef, no measurements, a pinch of salt, a spring of thyme and glug of olive oil. Here is the recipe, sans pork chops, of course!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jamie-oliver/roasted-carrots-and-beets-with-the-juiciest-pork-chops-recipe/index.html
Here are some pictures of the process.....
fresh from the market
carrots, garlic, fresh orange juice and basil
beets, balsamic and garlic
mixed together!

I really loved the carrots so I think next time I would mix the carrots and beets together and add the orange juice (I used the fresh orange and squeezed) with the garlic and basil (I did not have fresh thyme). Divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment