Thursday, October 31, 2013

Solutions Health Care Associates- the Finale

So, I actually went and spoke to Dr. Chan at Solutions Health Care Associates He was quite open and not defensive at all. (perhaps he fears a complaint but I am going to 'assume' he was being genuine)
I told him he was negligent as the antibiotic was not helping and in fact when she came back the next day her symptoms worsened. She needed to go to the ER and I asked him why he did not refer her.
He claims he did and she did not take his suggestion. 
I asked him why she followed my recommendation to go, to which he responded, maybe because I am a woman. Of course.
This led me into discussing beside manners and perhaps he should work a little bit harder on his. It was rude and disrespectful to not help her with her bandage and arrogant to say it is not the job of an MD (then whose job is it?). I also suggested he try listening to his patients, perform proper physical exams and not simply write prescriptions.

I looked at RateMDs. I was not surprised at his poor rating. 2.8/5. ouch. I was quite happy to see my pediatrician and family doctor have excellent ratings. Just like any profession, there are the good and the not so good. I hope this MD will strive towards better.

No comments:

Post a Comment