Saturday, May 26, 2012

whirlwind.

what a day!
it began with this idea a few weeks ago at 4 am that i needed to de-clutter.  that's it, i was having a yard sale. so for the last 2 weeks i have been going through every nook of this house and eliminating.  i've had yard sales in the past and it usually ends up raining so i wanted to make sure the weather was great for this one, and it was!  my signs were posted, stuff organized, kids with the babysitter for the 1st hour.....ready.
M arrives right on time, and we start putting out the stuff. 
and then.....
E comes home from work in terrible pain, with an infected knee, bursitis. we've been through this before.  it's 9:30 am.  crap! so i left my just happening yard sale in the hands of M. and took him to the hospital. i dropped him off and said call me when you are done. (really what was i going to do for him in the waiting room, and the baby does not need to spend much time in an ER).
got back to the house and have not stopped ALL day. (I also injured my foot earlier this week, but had to shake that off today!)

here is an abbreviated version of my day.
yard sale
set up lemonade stand
go buy more juice as kids drank most of lemonade
nurse baby (this happens every few hours in the day-and i am thankful for as it allows me time to sit for a moments time!)
lunch for 5 kids and 3 adults
call E.
pack up yard sale
go to pick E up
take care of E plus A, B and K
pack A and B for sleepover
make dinner for E, A, B and nurse K
tidy up days events
A and B are picked up
sit....ahhh
get ready to go back to hospital (E needs IV antibiotics every 8 hours for the next 3 days. oh joy.)
I think I grew another handful of grey hairs today. sigh.

these were the only pictures I could get. I'm surprised I even got these.
one person's junk really is another person's treasure. 
the kids has such a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment