Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dinner

Now that Kai seems to have developed a schedule for himself with a bedtime and Ewan able to be a bit more helpful as he is recovering, I was able to make a healthy dinner for us. The salad is super simple, grabbed a bunch of stuff I had in the fridge; mixed greens, coriander, pomegranate, almonds, tomatos, cucumbers, avocado, hummus and some of my garlic scape pesto.
The soup I made yesterday when a friend and her son came over for lunch. She is an amazing cook so I don't try to get fancy. I made a super easy and simple soup and she took care of the rest!
Carrot and Sweet Potato.
1 sweet potato
5 carrots
1 apple
1 onion
few garlic cloves
grated ginger root
4 cups of stock (I used veg. stock)
I sauteed the onion, garlic and ginger. Added in the sweet potato, carrots and apple. Then added 4 cups of water with 1 tbsp of powdered vegetable sock (I use the health food store brand that is MSG free). It was cooked in about 20 or 30 minutes. Then blended and done!
Here is this little dude enjoying his lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment