Monday, September 17, 2012

Noodless Lasagna

I have been wanting to make a noodless lasagna ever since I saw Rachel Ray make one on her show. (I was pregnant and done working. OK? so yes, I watched some questionable afternoon TV). My good friend gave me some huge fans of collard greens from her family garden the other day so I decided to make a noodless lasagna and use the collards for the layers. It was delicious and a great gluten free option.
I layered:
collard greens, ricotta cheese, tomato sauce
collard greens, zucchini, onions, sweet potato, cheddar cheese, tomato sauce
collard greens, ricotta cheese, zucchini, tomato sauce
topped with collard greens and cheddar cheese

It was great hot out of the oven but even better the next day after all the layers settled together. Collards are high in vitamin K, A, C, folate, manganese, calcium and fiber. Try them. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment