Saturday, January 19, 2013

Meal of the week

I made this lunch for some friends that came by this past week. It was so delicious. I was inspired by Fresh's rice bowls, http://www.freshrestaurants.ca/
The base was quinoa, topped with beans, roasted brussel sprouts, steamed chard, grated carrots, chopped cilantro, sesame seeds and chopped peanuts.
I made this delicious tahini dressing. I free poured tahini (maybe 1/2 cup) with a handful of cilantro, 1/2 lemon and some garlic. I used my new braun hand blender (which I LOVE) and blended it up. The thing with tahini is it thickens so you need to slowly add water until you get the consistency you want. I could eat this everyday it is so good.
It was a big hit and we ate variations of it all week!
Other topping ideas can be using rice, chicken, tofu, grated beets, fresh parsley. Anything really!
Oh, those cute napkins you see, were made by my beautiful sister in law as a christmas gift. Love them! 
Try it out and tell me what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment