Thursday, July 17, 2014

Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Beet Muffins! Say What?

House was quiet, with all the little people sleeping, so I decided to make some muffins. 
I had a base of a recipe but as per usual altered it. 
They turned out delicious!
Healthy. Vegan. Kid-Approved (fingers crossed!)
1 1/4 cup spelt flour (use a gluten free blend if you wish)
1/4 cup cacao (the real deal, like this or this)
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Mix the above in a bowl
In a separate bowl mix together
1 banana, mashed
1/4 cup sweetener (I used maple syrup, brown sugar will do)
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup milk (I used almond)
Once these are mixed add in 1/2 cup grated zucchini and 1/2 cup grated beet (I did not have a enough zucchini for a full cup so improvised with the beet. It worked)

Mix the dry into wet.
I then added a handful of dairy free chocolate chips. 
Place into muffin tray.
 Bake at 375F for 20 min. 
Done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment